Exactly 100 days before Poland took over the Presidency of the European Union, a meeting of nearly 13 thousand people organised by Citybell Consulting was held, which in a discussion on the Polish Presidency in the EU summarised the period of preparation to the Presidency. The event was an initiative of the European Commission Representation Office in Poland and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Chair of European Studies of the University of Warsaw.
Such high attendance of the event was possible, inter alia, thanks to the public affairs and public relations campaigns carried out offline and online, including the social media communication.
The main objective of the project was to draw attention of the public opinion in Poland to such a historic event – the first time ever that Poland was to take over the Presidency at the European Union Council, and to emphasise the significance of that moment for Poland and to broadcast the message to a variety of recipients. The number and importance of television, radio materials and press publications that appeared on account of “Pro100 to the Presidency. Forum”, as well as Internet publications, social media activities and “live” Forum viewership results on the Internet show that the objective has been achieved.
Realisation and results
- The key element of the Forum - a Q&A session with Minister Mikołaj Dowgielewicz, gathered more than 400 people in the auditorium of the former Library of the University of Warsaw - including representatives of embassies of 12 countries - inter talia, of Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Austria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Latvia and Slovenia, representatives of government administration, non- governmental organisations, academic circles, students and school pupils.
- "Live" internet transmission enabled further 12 thousand Internet users to participate in the debate allowing them to ask questions in real time on Facebook.
- Another 500 peoplepeople took part in the Forum via video connection linking the University of Warsaw with five Polish higher education institutions: the Jagiellonian University (Krakow), Maria Curie-Sklodowska University (Lublin), the University of Warmia and Mazury (Olsztyn), Adam Mickiewicz University (Poznan) and the University of Wroclaw.
- The online activities preceding the Forum also comprised the preparation of a programme for Facebook communication, administering the profile of the European Commission in Poland as well as the preparation of "100-day post card" app, which enabled Facebook users to send post cards to friends on that occasion, using their own profile photos. The application was used nearly 1.5 times in the course of two weeks.
- "Pro100 to the Presidency Forum" was reported by journalist from 25 editorial offices, including major national printed media, radio stations, television stations as well as Polish and foreign press agencies - Gazeta Wyborcza, Rzeczpospolita, RMF FM, TOK FM, Radio Information Agency, Trójka Polskiego Radia, Wiadomości TVP 1, TVP 2, Polsat News, TVP Info, TVN CNBC Biznes, Polish Press Agency, Deutsche Presse Agenthur.
- To celebrate 100-day milestone before Poland's Presidency, Citybell Consulting invited a flash mob group, which on the day of the Forum organised a flash mob, engaging 200 people at Krakowskie Przedmieście in Warsaw, according to an innovative format never before used.
- Citybell Consulting also coordinated the interviews of the representatives of the European Commission, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Chair of European Studies at the University of Warsaw on the radio and on television.
Performing the entrusted job, Citybell Consulting demonstrated its versatility and professionalism, proving extensive experience of its consultants in public relations and public affairs. We have nothing but high praise for the performance of Citybell Consulting and we recommend the company with complete trust as a reliable partner.